Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
John, Bryan, Diego and Ken would like to thank all our students and pilots for their support during the year, and wish everyone a happy and safe time over the holiday period.
We'll be open for training and private hire every day with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Women With Wings Orange - 2017
Orange Flight Training again took part in this great event, which introduced 76 women and girls aged 10 and up, to the joys of flying in light aircraft.
Our two Jabiru 160s piloted by Bryan, John and Luke flew around 9 "missions" between them, and Brownie flew the Jabiru 230 on another four .
Plenty of photos from the day on the OFT FaceBook page!
Women With Wings Orange 2016
Following on from out contribution at Bathurst last year, Orange Flight Training, in conjunction with Orange Aero Club and local pilots and aircraft owners made the decision to host an event at Orange in 2016.
This was an outstanding success, with 89 women and girls introduced to aviation by taking their first flight in a light aircraft!
Each of the participants flew from the airport to Suma Park Dam, over the Orange City to Lake Canobolas, then back to the airport. Apart from a bit of confusion during registration, there were no incidents, and the whole operation went smoothly. Even the weather cooperated!
Below is a selection of photographs from the event, showing smiles all round! More can be found on Orange Aero Club Facebook page.
Women With Wings - Bathurst
Updated 20 April 2015
In a great day at Bathurst Airport Sunday 8th March with over 100 women and girls taking their first flight in a light aircraft!
The day was organised and run by Central West Flying and Bathurst Aero Club, with the assistance and sponsorship of many organisations and individuals. Instructors in both RA-Aus and GA donated their time and skills to fly the planes, which were made available by their respective owners at no cost. Flights for the participants were free, and in the case of RA-Aus aircraft, were conducted as Trial Instructional Flights.
Orange Flight training supported the cause by making a plane available, and Senior Instructor Bryan Clements donated his time.
The Bathurst centre featured prominently in the recognition by the Women in Aviation world-wide organisation, with Central West Flying being awarded the Third Most Female Friendly Flying Training Centre IN THE WORLD, after two training centres in Canada.
- 2015 Most Female-Pilot-Friendly Training Center Worldwide (airport with most non-pilot girls and women introduced to flying from March 2 to March 8, 2015)WINNER: Durham Flight Centre, Oshawa, ON, Canada
- 1st RUNNER UP: Brampton Flight Centre, Caledon, ON, Canada
- 2nd RUNNER UP: Central West Flying, Bathurst, NSW, Australia
- 2015 Most Supportive Male Pilot Worldwide (male pilot who conducts the most flights to introduce non-pilot girls and women to flying from March 2 to March 8 2015)CO-WINNERS: Luc Bougie, Mascouche, QC, Canada | Matt Norgrove, Bathurst, NSW, Australia
- 1st RUNNER UPS: David Carroll, Bathurst, NSW, Australia | Gary Penglis, Bathurst, NSW, Australia
- 2nd RUNNER UP: Bryan Clements, Orange, NSW, Australia | Chris Stott, Bathurst, NSW, Australia | Nick Wills, Temora, NSW, Australia
For a full listing of all awards, go to the WOAW2015 website.